Friday, January 7, 2011

Travel enlightens the soul & expands your imagination...

Quote of the day...  “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
On that note, the octopus salad was delicious last night!


As many of you know in our family every year we have a time honored New Year's tradition of resolutions/goals. But in this family the goals are scrutinized, examined, dissected, judged, ranked, and then given points from a grand pre-determined point scheme. The idea being to cover 8 essential areas in your life, like spokes in a wheel. If all spokes are present in your life then it will revolve like a well greased wheel. The 8 essential areas: family, health, spiritual, work, education, hobby, civic, & personal development. The goal is to work up a list of "goals" to accomplish during the year. One of my favorite areas is education. Every year I pick a topic to immerse myself into, completely losing myself in exploration of a topic/subject that's completely foreign to me. One year I picked the study of tea. I read several books on tea, started drinking hot tea, and our travels now included afternoon tea. 


"If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you." Gladstone 1865


"Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage." Catherine Douzel


One of my goals this year was to show more gratitude/thanks.


I'm thankful for tea and travel, as well as the friends & family I share those experiences with.
Yanni-thanks for tea w/me....look afternoon tea in Cairo!


I'm thankful for Paige G.-I never look at art w/out thinking about you. You would love the art in this hotel; it's very eclectic.
 Statue, funky shapes.
The one of the horse was scribble lines. Looks like they used a spirograph box of tools to help them. Luv this one.

 Luv this one too, because it's oil that looks like chalk on a blackboard.
Not my cup of tea. That's funny in so many ways. Cause of my whole tea post thing...ha!


Travel enlightens the soul & expands your imagination...



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Your last Egypt Day 5th graders, now 7th graders and I are keeping up with your adventures. Continue to have a great time.
    Love ya,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete