Saturday, January 8, 2011

Timing is everything!


Could Mrs. McCabe, I like to refer to myself in third person, timed it any better? I/she visited the Egyptian pyramids on Jan. 8th...Elvis' birthday. End of blog...just kidding! Honestly, how do I do it? Not on Jan. 7th or 9h but Jan. 8th. Eerie, huh...the mystical powers of the pyramids must be true! Just like birthing my second son, Josh, on Jan. 8th. Happy Birthday son! How better to celebrate Elvis & Josh's birthday than with a visit to the pyramids! To all of my past students...now that's how you celebrate Elvis Day!


Since I wrote so much the past two days, I will let the photos do the talking...
"A picture is worth a thousand words." Can you really describe the pyramids justly? Well, I could but I won't.


Quick Facts on the Great Pyramid

  • The Great Pyramid contains a staggering 2.3 million blocks of stone.
  • It was built as a tomb for Khufu (Cheops in Greek).
  • It was the tallest man-made structure in the world, 480.6 ft (146.5 meters), for over 3,800 years.










Quick Sphinx Fact

  • It is the largest monolith statue in the world, standing 241 ft (73.5 meters).







*Quote of the Day* It is from a very sophisticated tourist...my hubby.
"The Sphinx is smaller than I thought it would be; the one in Vegas is bigger."


Happy Birthday to my blonde Elvis!
                                                                                                         Elvis
                                                                                                         Josh




Melissa-Jan 8th, 2011  5:42 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment